Tuesday, February 16, 2016

He cares

1 Peter 5:7 "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

Today when I sat down to pray, my mind was quickly flooded with worry and fear and I became overwhelmed. The first thing I decided to do was make a list of everything that was bothering me. Every fear, every concern, every thing on my to do list. (I love making lists, just so you know.) It helped to just get those thoughts out. The funny thing is though, as I actually took the time to write each of them out, I was able to see how irrational and silly some of my thoughts were. I was also able to remind myself that I can lay all of my cares at the Savior's feet and let Him take it, because He already knows how it's all going to be. Not only that, but He cares for me.
Sometimes I get it in my head that while, yes God is in control and aware, He doesn't really care. He is just up in Heaven watching things go on and hoping it will teach me something. However, He is much more than that! My God is a personal God, not just a wise guy with some good words to listen to. He came to this Earth as a man and experienced so much of what we do. He knew He could raise Lazarus from the dead, but He wept because He felt the pain of His loved ones who were hurt over his death. When we hurt, when we are afraid, He cares.
I realize that my being a Christian does not make me immune to experiencing hurt or pain. I understand that I live in a fallen world and bad things happen. Now, I could obsess over that and think my kids are going to get hit with some kind of terrible illness and die ... even though I know they are perfectly fine. But it could happen. Anything could. I just have to trust that even if the absolute worst news was delivered to me tomorrow, my God would meet me there. That's a pretty gutsy thing to say, I know. And as I say it, I can hear my worrisome Mama voice thinking, "I sure hope nothing bad like that happens tomorrow." However, the fact of the matter is, I know I have a gutsy God. I know I have a God who can walk through life's trials with me, who can strengthen me, and give me grace through it. I know I have a God who cares to comfort me through His Word and give me the power to walk when I never thought I could.
So, yes, I realize I have fear. I wrote my list. And I gave it back to the Lord ... because I know if any of my fears come to pass, He will be there. I find a lot of rest and comfort knowing that I'm not alone and my Father cares.
I might have to do that all over again tomorrow. The Bible even talks about daily renewal of the mind. That's okay. My God is a good God and even if I have to pray for help 100 times, He is patient enough to hear me. He is Creator of the universe, the precious Redeemer, the beginning and the end, the great Physician ... and He also cares for his daughter.
Lay those worries down, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)