Tuesday, October 14, 2014

22 weeks

I cannot believe I am 22 weeks and 3 days pregnant. In a way, I feel like I have always been pregnant because 1.) this is my third time around and 2.) it was a long summer. But then again, everything is flying by. Little Miss Joanna will be here before I know it! 
My doctor's appointment last Friday went well. I got the annoying news that my glucose test is a comin, something I'm not too thrilled about. I don't know which part is worse ... Drinking the orange drink or contorting into all kinds of fun positions to be able to find a vein. (The nurses know me as the girl with veins that are incredibly difficult.) Oh well! It's just one step closer to my girl being here. My doctor also mentioned that the maternal fetal medicine office wants to do an ultrasound here in a couple of weeks on Joanna's heart. Apparently, she moved around so much that even after a couple of hours, they still didn't get what they needed. I freaked out thinking this meant something was wrong, but my doctor assured me it's just routine. (Even the MFM doctor said she looked great ... I guess they just have to cover their bottoms on this kind of stuff.) Cool. I'm also fluctuating between a 7-8 lb weight gain, which is pretty cool. I don't think I've ever managed to gain so little so far along, but that just goes to show you that each pregnancy is different. (And I am also not eating pancakes every day for lunch. No time for that when you're running around after little kids!) Joanna still moves a ton, still favoring my right side a lot of the time. However, she has her times of the day where she kicks wayyyy (too) low and way up high. So I guess she is gonna be a wiggle worm. I'm really hoping I don't have another breech baby ... but, I still have that ironing board! (I hung upside down on it with Nathaniel and he flipped at 38 weeks. Who knows if it worked, but I always reccommend it!) 
I don't have a whole lot of time to think about it, but I really am excited to meet this sweet girl. I wonder what she will be like and how her personality will differ from her siblings. I also wonder what our family will be like once she's here. I get the feeling we will finally feel complete, but I still have a hard time spitting out those words ... "This is my last." I think I'll know when she's here.
I have a nasty cold today that has knocked me on my bottom and I am craving sauekraut something awful. That's all that is going on with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)