Tuesday, July 22, 2014

We are growing!


Well, I'm pregnant. Some people knew and some people didn't! But it's out there now.

I found out about two months ago on a cloudy morning, where I knew deep down inside that taking a pregnancy test was a dumb idea. I figured I would take the test, stare at it for about five minutes wondering if there is the faintest bit of anything, and then throw it in the trash. I've been married for five years now and have had two kids, so I know how that routine goes. And at first it was looking negative. Whatever. 

But then, a millisecond later, it wasn't.

Say what?!?!?!?!

My husband made me take quite a few more tests, as we were in pure disbelief that I was pregnant. In fact, although I dealt with my "one week of pregnancy nausea" and exhaustion, I remained in shock for a while. I don't think it really clicked until I saw the sweet little one moving their legs and arms last week via ultrasound. Of course, I swooned!

The baby is due February 13th and I'm pretty excited about a winter pregnancy. My last two babies were born in late summer/early fall and it was sooo hot outside. I was always so swollen and the hot air suffocated me. So, this will hopefully be a nice change. (I hate to be cold, but maybe the extra pounds will keep me warm???) 

As far as me, I will be 11 weeks on Sunday and I feel great. Like I said, I felt sick for about a week like I normally do and then things went pretty much back to normal. I really have an obsession with cheese and pasta right now. Those were loves of mine anyway, but it has intensified! Ha! In spite of being ten weeks pregnant, I still don't really look it, but my skinny jeans don't button anymore most days! (They are skinny jeans, it was gonna happen!) I've been trying to keep up with a workout routine every day, which really helps keep my energy pumping in the evenings when I'm ready to pass out.

Nathaniel, my laid back kid, doesn't really care one way or the other. He senses something is different about me, but doesn't really understand what's going on. He might get more interested as time passes and my belly grows! With that said, I think he will make a fine big brother! Constance is super excited. She changes her mind daily as to what she thinks I'm having, but always resorts back to "I'm praying for a baby sister!" She is excited about having a new baby to love on and help take care of.

Joshua and I feel blessed that The Lord chose to give us another precious little gift and we are so excited! Freaked out at times, but excited nonetheless. He's been with us through the last two so far and I know He will provide with this one. 

So, there it is. We are having another Miller baby. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)