Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wait on The Lord

The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3:25-26

This morning was a nice one. After baking pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (a family favorite that I make about once a month) and having Constance work on her letters, we all went outside so the kids could play. We are expecting storms later and possibly tomorrow as well, so I wanted to make sure they got some good outside time in. It's a must have for our house this time of year. I seriously don't know how I survive the winter! Anyway, the kids played and I got to spend some time with The Lord. I randomly wound up on this verse and it really just jumped out at me.

Sometimes when I'm waiting for something, it seems easier to just jump in and do it my way to get it done. Like when I began making hair ribbons for Constance, I told myself that it was a piece of cake and that I didn't need any tutorials. Well, I made a few cute ones. And I also wasted a lot of ribbon and hot glue on some failures. Once I slowed down, took the time to read what I was supposed to be doing, and was patient with myself, I saw an immediate improvement. 

I am also like this when it comes to waiting on God. Now, I've learned in the past few years to not be hasty and jump ahead. I rarely do, but that's not to say I don't get a bright idea sometimes and think I can go forward without God's approval. He just often halts me somehow and says, "Stop. I know what I'm doing." 

I've got a lot of goals, you know? Honestly, they aren't ones geared towards making money or anything material. I've got a huge spiritual bucket list, things I want to see and do in the ministry. And while I know there is nothing wrong with pursuing those things, I have to wait on God's timing. This verse in Lamentations says The Lord is good to those that wait on Him. He is good, which means He will bless us for our time of waiting and having faith that He will bring whatever our desires are to pass in His time. (Or direct us elsewhere.) It also says He is good to the soul that seeks Him. Above all things, I need to be seeking Him in this time of waiting. Asking Him to direct our paths, to show us what we need to do, as well as asking Him to prepare me and to continue to work on me (I need a lot, that's for sure). Sure, I've wanted to jump right into things before, but when The Lord tugs at my heart and says to wait, I know He's got good reason.

Being patient is very hard for me and I know I've written about it before. However, I believe that The Lord blesses those who are patient and wait for His timing rather just jumping on it before it's time. (Even with the best intentions we can get a little ahead of ourselves.) 

In the mean time, of course, I stay busy and keep on with where God has me now. I'm a Mama to two beautiful babies, I'm a help meet to my dear husband, I am learning to use music as a way to encourage and bless others, I can stay in the Word, I can share the Gospel, and I can lift up my church family and loved ones in prayer. As long as I focus on those things, the burning in my heart is certainly not quenched, but that overwhelming impatience tends to calm down.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)