I haven't done Wednesday Randoms in a while, so I figured I'd do it now! I've got a lot on my mind, so this should be very interesting.
1. I don't like unsolicited advice. It know the majority of it is well-intentioned, so I remind myself of that often. I'm just a stubborn person who likes to do things as I go. When people give advice, I take it as if they are telling me what to do as if I don't already know or if my ideas aren't as good as theirs. I've only been dealing with this since I became pregnant and now as I begin making choices for Constance as a parent (yes, you make decisions before they're even here!), I really feel the heat with people. I need to pray about this and get a tougher skin, because this could get annoying once Constance is here.
2. I've been reading 20 and Counting by the Duggars and I must say it's addicting! I wont lie; I thought it was totally whack that these people stopped using contraception and kept popping kids out. But these people have really given their lives to the Lord in every aspect and you can definitely see how He has blessed and honored it. It's a wonderful testimony and story to read about. & It's also a great challenge to completely surrender to the Lord daily, even when His ideas seem totally insane! Edit: This doesn't mean I'm skipping out on birth control after Constance. I just really love their story of faith.
3. I am kind of sad that summer is ending. It has seemed to fly by so quickly! That probably has just been because of the anticipation of Constance coming and counting down the weeks. I am excited about fall though. I love going to the store and seeing all of the school supplies; it makes me want to buy some! I am also really excited about getting out fall/halloween decorations! It'll be a few more weeks before I do, but I always love to redecorate for a new season. & This year I'll be buying something special for Constance's first.
4. Speaking of Halloween, I've decided that Constance's first costume is going to be a ballerina. I always loved dancing as a little girl and I hope to pass that love down to her. Ultimately she'll decide whether or not she likes it when she's old enough, but until then I can't resist it! I looked at Walmart and other places for cute ballerina costumes, but they were all kind of generic and cheapy looking. It looks like I am going to get a little tu-tu online somewhere and put a big flower bow in her hair. Psh, I think that's how she ought to be dressed every day! So my sweet chubby girl will be a ballerina this year. :)
That is an example of the kind of tutu I'd like to get. Found it on ebay for $12!
5. I told Josh lastnight at Target that I think they should have hand sanitizer dispensers outside of the bathroom, because touching the bathroom door is like touching poop! I think it's my mind going into Mommy mode, because I have really been noticing all of the different areas that people's dirty hands touch. I mean, I know you can't avoid germs and bacteria. That's fine. It's just like - do you know how many people go poo, don't wash their hands after, and then open the door to the bathroom leaving their fecal matter behind? Yes, I'm definitely going to politely ask everyone that wants to hold the baby, including family and even myself, to use hand sanitizer before holding her. I plan on carrying a bottle in the diaper bag just to make it easy for everyone! I don't really think anyone should get offended by this; it takes just a few seconds to rub the stuff in! & I do realize that Constance will be exposed to germs and bacteria, that there is no stopping it. I also get that some germs are good for her. I get it. I just don't trust people and their poopy hands. Ick!
That is all for today. I need to start getting ready for when Josh gets home. That is always my favorite time of day!