Wednesday, May 5, 2010

19 weeks and three days

I have a very neat little to-do list. It plans out every day of the week and what my specific duties around the house are. I am most happy when my house is clean, the sink is empty, and the laundry is folded. My little list helps accomplish that. Today is vaccuming, my least favorite thing to do. It interrupts my quiet little environment. The way the house smells after, however, totally wins. I use Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Carpet Freshener. Works like a charm. :)

Today is my five month appointment. Most months I normally don't have a lot of questions, but things have been different. Lately, I have been getting very dizzy and light headed; probably low blood sugar from forgetting to eat in the mornings. I have also realized that my iron pills are much lower than what the doctor prescribed (I picked them up over the counter to save money) and I am concerned that my dizziness is a symptom of iron deficiency. Basically, it looked like the baby was doing quite well via ultrasound the other day. Doctor at MFM said she looked great. Now I just need to make sure I'm great. I wanna be a strong momma and I want to enjoy the remainder of this pregnancy. :)

& Here comes my vent: People who don't go to the doctor and get things checked out. I've been told I overreact too much over my health, Josh's health, or the baby's health - but what is wrong with that? I'd rather overreact and know that I am okay ... instead of going to the doctor after five years of never going to find I have cancer. Or just randomly dying one day from some disease I never knew I had.  I am a big believer in prevention and the best way to achieve it is to go to the doctor often, to ask questions, and to take care of yourself. Soooo call me paranoid, but, like seatbelts, God gave us doctors and medical professionals for a reason. No, they aren't always right, but they know more than you do most of the time. Knowledge is power. Utilize it.

I think that is all for today. My stomach is all big & lopsided. I crave pb&j, pickles, and animal crackers. Off to the kitchen I go. (and then I'll vaccum -- wah)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you're appointment went well! You know I'm all for getting things checked out. I meant to ask if Josh ever went to the doctor! ;-)

    Are you craving pb&j, pickles and animal crackers all together? :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I crave them at different times, really. But Josh never went to the doctor. =[ I think it was just allergies, because it ended up going away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)