Sunday, May 2, 2010

Can't fly away.

I love rainy days. It's so serene and relaxing. Don't get me wrong; weeks of rain can drive me crazy. I just think we all need a good rainy day every once in a while.

Today's sermon was from Psalm 55. It was talking about David, who was dealing with a lot of problems, and how he wanted to fly away from them. I can relate. There are too many times that I just want to fly away from my problems and never come back. However, that's not God's will. The only time He promises that our problems will be behind us is when we pass on from this life and into eternity, where we will be perfect.
Ick, it sounds so much easier to run away, doesn't it?
However, there is good news. The Psalm goes on to say in verse 22 that if we cast our burdens upon the Lord, He shall sustain us. This tells me that when we're facing problems that we would like to escape, we need to stand through them and face them. Running away will only make it worse. & Most importantly, we need to let God fight the battles. God, the ultimate problem solver, can sustain us and carry us through.

I really needed that message today, because there are a lot of things in my life that feel hopeless. It hurts to realize some things and I ultimately want to fly away from these problems. I want to deny them. It is so good to know I have an amazing God who is bigger than all of it. If I ask for His help, casting my burdens upon Him, He has promised in His Word to sustain me. Running away may still sound easier, but when I think about the consequences of doing so - I know I'd rather be in God's will than my own.

As I always say, it's only by His grace that I can do anything.

& Lastly, if you don't know Christ as your Saviour, today is the day. =]

Happy Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)