Friday, April 2, 2010

Heavenly Sunlight

This past week has been really amazing. My mom got saved on Tuesday morning, which I must say was an awesome blessing. Honestly, I was pretty shocked when I started getting the feeling I ought to pray for her salvation. My mom has been in church since Phillip, my older brother, was born and for the majority of my life I really thought she was a Christian. She was much like me, however. She had a lot of head knowledge and did a lot of "Christian type things", but her heart wasn't right with God. All I have to say now is that I have never seen her at such peace in my entire life. Ever since I was a young girl, I can remember her being plagued and haunted by her past and wrong things she has done. My mom, who is a knew creation in Christ, no longer has to be bogged down by those things. She says she feels pure. It's awesome to see her experience this and I am so thankful God saved her. =]
Today is Good Friday and honestly I think it is the first time I have ever acknowledged what this day means. Of course, I wasn't saved this time last year, so it didn't really have any big significance to me! But wow, Jesus died on the cross and endured so much pain; physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Why? Because He loved me. You know, it's weird to think that Jesus, being all knowing, thought of me personally when He endured all of that. Me, this idiot sinner who can't ever seem to get it right. He died for me. So while His day was the worst of His entire life, He endured it so I could have an eternity of good ones. Thank you God for sending Your Son!!!
And now I need to vaccuum. I really hate doing that, by the way. It only takes about five minutes or less to vaccuum our tiny apartment, but it still interrupts my quiet routine. Oh well, it's a beautiful day. Once I get my housework done, I am going to go walk and enjoy the beautiful sunlight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)