Monday, April 5, 2010

Baby and Family!

It will only be a couple of more weeks before the baby can hear from inside the womb. While mom was pregnant with me, she listened to the Top Gun soundtrack over and over again. (Must be why I love it so much!) I've decided the baby will listen to a lot of Queen, among other things.

This morning I stepped on the scale and realized I have gained two pounds. I weighed myself last week sometime, so I was really freaked out. I know that weight gain IS a good thing, I just have a hard time letting myself feel that way. I have enjoyed not being one of those women who gained 10 pounds during their first trimester (not judging, because I know that's just how it is for some and others just eat way too much). For about two hours, I sulked and got depressed over it. However, Josh tells me I am as beautiful as ever and that this weight gain is a good thing - that it is for the baby. We both know that I take very good care of myself and that I haven't taken pregnancy as a license to eat whatever I want times ten. So I just had to give it to God. He knows my self image issues better than anyone else. & God designed pregnancy a specific way, so I just have to trust that He knows what He's doing with the baby and I. However, I prayed that I would gain weight for baby, not get fat. (yes, I understand how shallow that sounds) I will have a husband and a baby to look good for! =]

Easter was great! We woke up super early for the Sunrise Service, which we were about twenty minutes late for (ha ha). It was really nice though. I don't know how Sunrise Service will work once we have a baby, but I'd really like to carry on that tradition with them. We'll see! But it was a very fun day.

Josh got to see a lot of his family yesterday from his mom's side. I know he really enjoys that, because a lot of them don't get together much. It was kind of awkward for me considering I don't know anyone. & Poor Hanah, Quentin's (BIL) girlfriend; she was overwhelmed! So thankfully she and I had each other to talk to. That made me feel a lot more comfortable. I come from a big family too, but I get weird around them. When I went to a family event with dad's family as a kid, I always ran off somewhere with my cousins Mason & Michael. The rest of the family to us were freaks. Ha ha.

I was thinking a lot yesterday about how families change. It used to be that Thanksgiving and Christmas meant seeing my cousins, aunts, and uncles. But the cousins are married with kids (or something close to it), the aunts and uncles have grown kids and grandkids, and everyone has their own families. I guess that is why it doesn't bother me that we don't see each other as much as we used to. Josh and I have our own family now; along with an extended family complete with two sets of grandparents, aunts, and uncles for our kids. I'd really love for my kids to know their great aunts & uncles, because many of them are still very young (a lot of mine were quite old by the time I was born). However, they'll spend more time with our new family. It kind of makes me miss my own childhood a bit, because I know it'll never be the same with my siblings, cousins, or whoever because we're all grown up. However, my babies will have plenty of special memories to make. I can't wait to see be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)