Tuesday, June 10, 2014

This One Thing I Know

John 9:25
“one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.”

I love the song "This One Thing I Know". It talks about maybe not always knowing or understanding God's ways, but we can at least know and have assurance in our salvation.

I know He opened up my blinded eyes one day
I know His precious blood washed all my sins away
I know His peace, sweet peace has filled my troubled soul
Yes, this one thing I know

The Pharisees in the Bible were always causing trouble weren't they? It seems like every time Jesus performed a miracle, they tried to trip Him up. When the blind man was given his sight, those fellas had a field day. They said, "There is no way this man is the Christ. He performed a miracle on the sabbath day!" They tried to trip the man up and prove that it couldn't have possibly been Christ who had done such an amazing thing. They didn't like the way Jesus did things, because it wasn't done in the manner they thought it ought to be done. And every single time Jesus performed a miracle, they were throwing a fit about it. 

My husband explained that story to me lastnight, just like that, in Bible time. I knew, as he was teaching a little lesson to me and the kids, that I was guilty of doing just that. Ugh! Guilty of doing something that the Pharisees did?! *hangs head*
I could make a list a mile long of the things I don't understand. And sometimes it's okay. I accept it and have faith that God knows what He is doing. I just keep trucking on where I am and anticipate answers in His time. Cool. 
But then there are those times when I lose my cool, when I lose my patience. I just want to see things happen now! I want results now! It's rather childish, really. I have to ask The Lord once again to forgive me for being impatient with His perfect will and remember to keep the main the main thing. He saved my soul and my job is to share that testimony with the world. I may not understand why things are the way they are or why God works in the way He does, but He is still good. He is still God. Who am I to question the One who knows everything from beginning to the end?

At the end of the story, the blind man who had received his sight was being prodded about the man who healed him. He had just experienced something amazing. His sight had been given to him and he could truly see for the first time in his life! He would never be the same. (Remember what it was like when your spiritual eyes were opened?) His reply was one everyone Christian should keep close especially in times when we don't have the answers or when we are filled with doubt over God's will.


John 9:25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)