Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Summertime.

I would say that I have enjoyed spring, but all things enjoyable about it has basically skipped us. With the exception of green trees and pretty flowers, of course. It went from being extremely cold and snowy to wet and almost flooding our small town.

Down the street from my in-law's home. They were so concerned about the water that they began packing up their home and everything. (They've been through two floods before.) Thankfully the water didn't get high enough!

Oh and I can't forget the week where my nerves were shot from waking up in the middle of the night several times to hide out in a downstairs apartment during tornado warnings. Joshua saw a funnel cloud pass through one afternoon and he feels like Bill Paxton now. The sirens are so annoying; they are right across the street from us at city hall!

Anyway, I'm glad that summer is here. It's currently cloudy and chilly out, but by the end of the week, it'll be nice and warm again. We're planning on going to the zoo with my mother in law's kindergarten class and it'll be Constance's first time! So exciting.

I love summer.
I love that familiar feeling of freedom when classes are out and the kids don't have to go back for a few months.
I love the scent of sunblock and tanning oil.


I love cookouts with family and church friends.
I love swimming in my Aunt's pool; it'll be Constance's first swim this year!
I love visits to my Grandma in Illinois; my heart hurts when I am not there.
I can't wait to make our favorite snack: strawberries & pie crusts. (A recipe will definitely be posted!)

 I love the fact that I wont be pregnant this summer, but I'll probably miss it anyway.

A week before Constance was born. I was standing in front of the old hardware store in town, which is across the street from our apartment building.

 I love to look back on each summer that Joshua and I have had together as we see how far we've come.

At Bernheim Forest, another summertime love. We had only been married for about two weeks here.

 I love late night walks around town.
I love that feeling of stepping into an air conditioned house after being outside in the crazy heat for a long time.
I love eating lots of squash and zucchini.

I love bluegill fishing, especially because it means I catch more fish than Josh. (I do realize it's easier to catch bluegill than bass, but it makes me feel better!)

Our first summer together. Pre-beard days. He looks funny to me!

I don't particularly love bugs, but I am preparing myself to kill them ... as they have already been bad this year.

I'm so excited to see what this summer has in store for us.

I am also excited to see what it's going to be like to have a one year old come September. I can't even imagine it. Constance's first summer is going to be so special.

What do you love about summer?


1 comment:

  1. Your blog says your baby girl was scooting backwards ... the sign that crawling is right around the corner! Check out our pants for crawlers-in-training at www.dotdotcouture.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)