Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What I'd like to do vs. What I should do

Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men. If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:17-21

Sometimes I think that I'd enjoy reacting out of stupidity; the way my flesh likes to do things.

Pushing someone into a wall would be nice.

(Just throwing that out there.)

I would never really push anyone into a wall. I've never even been in a fight.

 ... but then again, our flesh is capable of many things.

Anyway, I think that I'd enjoy doing something like that. I mean, I feel justified enough. I'm angry! I've been done wrong! I want justice! You know what I mean?

Then again, I hear a small and still voice inside say I expect more from you, Amy. I've got this.

I sure am glad that when I got saved, Jesus took up residence in my heart! He isn't just some out there god that I've got to do all kinds of rituals to earn his attention. Nope, He's right there! & He's already got an answer.

Even if it isn't the easy one I'd like to hear.

This post was originally an angry girl rant. I decided against it. & This is why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)