Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thank you, Lord.

Thanksgiving is this week! I can't believe we're already at the holidays, when I feel like July just ended. Ah, how times flies once you have a baby!

[pause to take care of screaming baby]

Thanksgiving has always been about what I am thankful for, but this year it is about what I am thankful to God for. I realize that my life would not be what it is today without Him and that He has given so many blessings. To name a few, here is what I am thankful for:

1.) My salvation. I was a religious person all growing up, as I was raised in church and around other Christians. I could quote scripture, I married a preacher's kid, and I worked in the Christian school. However, despite my good works, I was still lost. Thankfully, God got ahold of my heart and showed me that I needed His salvation and forgiveness for my sins. My life has not been the same ever since.

2.) My husband. I didn't know what I was getting myself into the night I met my Joshua, but then again, who ever does? He is an amazing man who desires to serve God and provide for his family. He has also been so good to me. If it weren't for my praying husband, the God I am now thankful for may have never taken residence in my heart. He is a good man.

3.) My daughter. I am so thankful to God for taking care of her during my pregnancy and after she was born. There were so many times that I was afraid something would happen and He'd say - I've got your little baby in the palm of My hand. It's okay.  & He has proven that time and time again. I love my little girl and I love being her Mommy. It certainly is the best job I have ever had.

4.) My church. If it weren't for a church that preaches the truth and isn't afraid to offend, where would I be today? God has used so many in our church including our pastor and youth pastor to show me where my heart was before I got saved. I am so thankful for this place and the fact that they will not back down from the truth. That is so important in a world that wants religious tolerance and gray areas.

5.) My family. This refers to all of my family, including my inlaws. They all mean the world to me. & In their own way, each of my family members have impacted me in some way or another. God has given me the best family a girl could have.

Thankfulness isn't something we should only observe during the holidays, though. These are things I believe I should praise God for on a daily basis. If we forget to praise, we're more likely to allow the negative things in life to creep in and harden our hearts. Praise is acknowledging every day, even in bad times, we have something to be thankful for. Just knowing that I am saved and that my name is written in Heaven is enough for me.

What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)