Friday, August 27, 2010

Cloth diapers. :)

I think we've officially decided that we're going to cloth diaper. Our reasons aren't necessary environmental or because I think it's better for the baby, because disposables seem to work just as good for most people. However, we're big money savers and although I know we'd work it out somehow, disposables would be too expensive for us! Of course many of our friends and family have been buying diapers as gifts, so we plan on using those as long as they'll last. Why not?! It buys us some time to save money for the cloth diapers we're wanting to buy.
I was looking on Ebay for affordable cloth diapers, as most packs of 20-30 (which is ideal) are about $300 or more. Thankfully, I found a 30 pack of Sunbaby 3.0 that are only $175. I realize that cheaper may be too good to be true, but I've done some research and have read plenty of reviews. I feel pretty good about it and I feel the investment is worth it. Also, the product can be sent back in 30 days if unsatisfactory. Good deal. :)
The great thing about these diapers is that they are all in one diapers - going from size extra small to large. They have adjustable snaps. The site says it fits from 7-35 pounds. That's a long time! I believe if we take good care of these, we could be saving ourselves loads of money.
I also like that these diapers are a little easier to manage. I have honestly had a hard time understanding the concept of cloth diapering and all that is involved. The Walmart Gerber brand work for some I am sure, but I didn't want to have to use the rubber pants or the pins. From the way it looks, these will be pretty easy to maintain and take care of.
I understand this is extra laundry, but I'm down with that. :)
A lot of people think cloth diapering is gross because of the poop factor, but even with disposables you'll be messing with poop. If you have a kid, you'll be messing with spit up and snot and crazy food messes. (I'm sure there's more in that list, but I've never been there! ha) A little extra poop in my life isn't going to kill me.
$175 is a little bit of an investment for us, considering we're on a pretty tight budget. However, in the grand scheme of things, I think it's worth it. I love saving money and I love living as simply & cheaply as I can. I'll post in a few months when we buy them and make the transition to talk about how it works out. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)