Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Beautiful

If there is one thing I hate about pregnancy, it is weight gain. It is the fact that I know my body isn't exactly like it was before I got pregnant. However, there have been so many good things about this pregnancy for me to hate it altogether over one small thing. The biggest being that what my body does is being done for Constance. Although it's a pain, I wouldn't change it for anything. I give my body and life so she can live and be nourished. It's a beautiful and wonderful thing, because I know someone who did just the same for me. He was the perfect man, the true image of beauty, and He gave it up. He was beaten, marred, and torn apart so terribly that you couldn't even recognize Him. After that, this perfect and guitless man died on a criminal's death. He gave His body and life for me. He did this so I could live.
This makes me see the entire idea of pregnancy so much differently. This isn't about me, this isn't to serve me or make me happy. It's to nourish a sweet little girl and make room for her to grow until her time to be born. & It wont end there. I will continue to give myself for her daily, putting aside my selfish needs and wants, so she can live.
Pregnancy and parenthood are beautiful pictures of what Christ did for us. So many think of it as a burden, but I strongly disagree. We're living out the true image of beauty. What Christ did wasn't easy; it was ugly and terrible. But where would I be today if He had been selfish?
Couples spend thousands of dollars a year trying to adopt or on infertility treatments and God gave this child to me easily. The last thing I should do is whine about it because my body looks different. This isn't about me. It's about her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)