Monday, October 14, 2013

Mommy thoughts



I've been a mom of two for thirteen months. An older blog post from when I was pregnant reminded me of how nervous I was about the transition of going from one to two. Thankfully, it has all gone quite smoothly and I've enjoyed my babies very much. It's so much fun to watch them interact with each other! I also enjoy the double amount of cuddles; it can cure a bad mood any day.

I have been thinking a lot lately about the fact that my little ones are growing up. Okay, don't laugh. They aren't getting their driver's license any time soon or going to college. I get that. I just realized that Constance will be starting school in two years and Nathaniel will be following shortly after. That is a while away, but I'm starting to realize my precious days of having my kids home with me won't last forever. When Constance was born, kindergarten seemed like a million years away. Now I'm preparing her for it with preschool activities and whatnot. It's coming! 

I guess what I'm trying to say, without being a Debbie downer over something that is still a while off, is that I need to enjoy my babies more. I need to play with them, love on them, and teach them more. Sometimes I get caught up in the house work or my own things and I forget to enjoy their sweet personalities or the memories we could be making together. People are always telling me that I'll miss this age they are at, that one day I will wish I could go back. I guess I just want to make sure I have as few regrets as possible. (My oldest is three and I already have a few!)


I also don't want ministry to take precedence over my kids. I realize that sometimes things have to wait and we do need to be faithful to God's work. I want my kids to understand that and I want them to have a willing servant's heart. However, if I spend all of my time trying to win the whole world and neglect to spend time with my kids, I've failed them. My first ministry is at home and I believe if we've got that in order, all of the other things will fall into place. (This also applies to work, hobbies, etc!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my post! & God bless! :)