My little girl turned four months old yesterday!
But I don't know whether to laugh or cry. :(
I feel like we've turned a corner. Our little girl is so strong and playful, she loves to smile and squeal! It's so exciting to watch her grow and learn about the world around her. I wasn't like this when she hit 3 months, but I am getting a little sad! This must have something to do with having to part with her 0-3 month clothes. She's growing out of them quickly and I got so attached to them. I remember how the majority of them wouldn't even fit her when she first came home! & Now she's moving on to her 3-6 month clothes. It's pretty crazy, if you ask me. So, while I am excited to see my girl grow and move on to new fashion ... I am totally that Mama who wants her baby to stay itty bitty forever.
However, turning four months has been a big deal for my sweet Constance!
Yesterday she got to meet her cousin Hayden, Uncle Heath, & Aunt Melissa! They are from St. Louis, which is about a 5 hour drive from her, so visits don't happen too often! I was really excited to see how she'd do.
Constance meeting Heath for the first time!
I'm pretty sure she LOVED Aunt Melissa!
& Now for me being the horrible Aunt ... we didn't get any pictures of she and Hayden together! :((( Next visit, I guess. But because Hayden is too cute anyway, I swiped a picture from his Mama's facebook.
Isn't he the cutest?! He's pretty hilarious as well. Hopefully when Constance gets bigger they can play. :) I know my cousins from Illinois were my best buds when I was a kid!
And to end her first day as being a four month old, I got a [rare] family shot of us before bathtime!
Her face just cracks me up here!
Now for a few updates:
- Last time we weighed her (last week), she weighed 14 lbs. and 8 oz.! Woah!
- She holds up her head very well and does what I like to call baby push ups during tummy time. She pushes herself up with her arms and looks around.
- Speaking of tummy time, she still gets annoyed with it from time to time, but she is doing much better! I think she is starting to realize that it can be fun as long as she isn't facing the floor.
- She is crazy about Baby Mozart videos. They keep her very entertained in the mornings when Mommy needs wake up time.
- She still sleeps a good 5-6 hour stretch at night.
- I bought a Medela Harmony manual breast pump a few weeks ago and am now feeding her bottles (occasionally) when Josh and I go out or something! I still say nursing is much easier without bottles. Just saying!
- Her laugh is the sweetest thing I think I have ever heard.
- She reaches for toys and pulls them to her mouth.
- She sucks her thumb!
- She smiles at certain toys she is familiar with.
- She is an absolute joy!!! :)
Well, my little girl is growing fast. I know I was always told that it would go by quickly, but I never believed it. I am doing my best to savour every second with my sweet baby, because I know I will love looking back on these days.
Happy 4 Months Old Constance!
Just showin' off her big girl moves!